General Membership Frequently Asked Questions
Our standard memberships are periodic (ongoing) with membership fees paid in advance every second Thursday from a bank account or credit card. Please note debits may take several days to come out of your account.
You can pay for memberships upfront in 6-month blocks. Please ask Customer Service for further details.
It is your responsibility to make sure:
- Your account can accept direct debits
- There is enough money in your account on the payment day and the next 5 days
- You provide updated payment details with a minimum of 48 hours before the next debit
- You request in writing to stop direct debits
Failed direct debit payments incur a $15 administration fee.
If your direct debit fails you will be notified by SMS to the number provided. Access may be stopped due to an outstanding balance; you will be prompted to pay the outstanding balance at your next visit or it will be automatically added onto your next direct debit. Failed direct debits incur a $15 administration fee.
We will continue to debit your nominated account without notice to receive the total amount owed to us. We will make reasonable effort to let you know beforehand by SMS, email and phoning you.
We may modify our terms and conditions at any time, including the club’s opening and closing hours, its services, facilities and membership fees. The most up-to-date terms and conditions can be found on the Centre’s website. We will notify you in writing at least 28 days prior to any fee increases.
Memberships (excluding Program Memberships) may be suspended for a minimum of 2 weeks and a maximum of 26 weeks at a time by submitting an Amendment Form to customer service. Suspension requests must be submitted a minimum of 3 days prior to the start date of the suspension and the first proposed non/reduced payment date. The first 4 weeks of suspension per calendar year are free after which suspension will be charged at $5 per week. All medical suspensions are free of charge upon the presentation of a valid medical certificate that covers all requested dates of suspension. Suspensions, including for medical reasons, cannot be back-dated. The Member agrees that in the event that he or she does not attend the Centre or use the facilities for any period during the Membership without previously arranging suspension of Membership, the Member will have no entitlement or right to claim and the Centre will not be liable to reimburse any fees or other payments made by the member.
Membership paid upfront and visit passes cannot be suspended put on hold, cancelled or transferred.
Members will receive a membership card with an attached digital photo. If you visit the Centre without your membership card or photo identification, we may refuse you entry. If you lose or damage your card, we will replace one card every 12 months for free.
The Centre requires 14 days written notice of cancellation, which means one more direct debit will be charged after the Cancellation Request form is submitted to customer service. Your access to the Centre will cease 14 days after the last direct debit payment. All outstanding fees must be paid in full prior to cancellation. We reserve the right to cancel your membership if two or more direct debit drawings are returned unpaid by your nominated Financial Institution and you fail to arrange an alternate payment method. Credits on your account are non-refundable. The Centre advises you to contact your Financial Institution to confirm the termination of further direct debits after any final payments are successfully paid.
Health and Wellness Frequently Asked Questions
- You must always scan your card/band when entering the Centre so we can record your visit, you must always have your card/band on you when in the Centre.
- You will need the card/band to use the turnstiles both in the lobby and in the health club.
- Also when accessing the lockers in both the Aquatics and Health Club areas.
Under NO circumstances are you to allow any other person to use your card. This can result in the immediate cancellation of your membership.
You must obtain a ticket from reception or the group fitness kiosk which you then need give to the instructor who is taking the class.
If it is your first time doing the class, please let the instructor know. Please also provide details of any injuries or illnesses that the instructor should be aware off.
A planning session can be conducted whenever you feel you need a new program made for you or every 4 to 8 weeks. This is a great way help you stay on track to achieve you goals.
The health club staff will always attempt to book you in for 4-7 weeks after each consult you attend.
- Memberships may be suspended for a minimum of two weeks and a maximum of 26 weeks at a time by completing a Membership Amendment form in writing at the Centre.
- The first 28 days of your suspension are free of charge. Any suspension after that will be charged at $5 per week.
- All medical suspensions are free of charge upon presentation of a valid medical certificate that covers all requested dates of suspension.
- Medical suspensions can only be backdated for one month.