YMCA Victoria is a not-for-profit community organisation that has been improving the health and happiness of the Victorian community for more than 160 years.
YMCA Open Doors is an initiative that provides full or subsidised access to YMCA programs and services to people in need. There is a great range of programs and services on offer for people of all ages, abilities, cultural backgrounds and lifestyles.
Apply for support
YMCA Open Doors helps people experiencing disadvantage by subsidising the costs of YMCA programs and services. If you or someone you know is experiencing financial difficulty, and would like to access the YMCA’s services, subsidies of 80-100% are available through YMCA Open Doors.
Please read over the below eligibility criteria and instructions.
· All applications must be nominated by a referral agency to assess eligibility
· Applicants must be living or attending a service or school local to a YMCA
· Children under 10 years must be accompanied by an adult while attending any YMCA program
· Both an application form (to be completed by the individual seeking support) and a nomination form (to be completed by a referral agency) must be fully completed before being considered for support
Referral agencies include:
· employment services
· health providers
· welfare organisations, and
· support groups.
The application process
1. An application form to be completed by the individual seeking support, and
2. A nomination form to be completed by a referral agency to verify that the applicant is unable to pay but would benefit greatly from participating in a YMCA program or service.
3. Forward forms to the selected Centre – email@example.com
4. YMCA Open Doors coordinator will be in contact
Please note: Approval of an application is made at a local YMCA centre or service’s discretion based on the details provided.